Hack Ballet will produce 21 performances at EdFringe this August. Help us get there!
This August Hack Ballet takes a leap #intotheunknown, bringing two fantastic shows to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival for 21 performances over 16 days. We’ve spent the last 5 years building our team, and growing our collaborative relationships. We’ve created beautiful original ballets for appreciative London audiences… and now we are bursting with passion to share our work with the world. @EdFringe is the perfect place for us, and we would love for you to join us on this amazing journey!
How can you help?
You’ve come this far, now is the time for you to get involved!
…your Reward Level. Details of full rewards are listed under the Additional Information tab above. Contributions at or above each level will receive the combination of gifts specified. Don’t see what you want mentioned? Ask us if we can swap in a reward of equal value! Don’t be shy, we would love to help you get creatively involved.
2. Enter the amount…
… you’d like to contribute in the Name Your Price box.
3. Click the Back This Project button…
…to be taken to our payment page.
You will receive a confirmation email and all the instructions you need to claim your rewards!
Other ways you can help
Seriously, we get it. Not everyone can contribute financially, and that’s ok.
There are loads of ways you can help!
Help us get the word out!
Share our campaign on your social channels.
Subscribe to our channels… check out these links and hit the little red SUBSCRIBE button
Donations in Kind
- Do you work at a gym or studio which could host one of our rehearsals or production meetings?
- Could you print us some flyers?
- Could you provide us with a coffee or a meal in Edinburgh during our season?
- Are you a member of a group who would love to hear about our shows?
- Are you a writer, blogger or podcaster who could interview us or could you help with making some noise on terrestrial or online media about us?
- Could you offer one or more nights accommodation at one of our tour locations?
- Are you travelling to Edinburgh and have a spare seat in your car/tour bus?
- Do you have access to transport in and around Edinburgh? Could you help us get to and from performance venues?
- Do you visit or work at a local venue in Edinburgh that could host one of our VIP parties?
- Do you have local contacts for distribution of advertising?
- Do you have insider knowledge on places to see – and be seen! – in Edinburgh?
- Are you a photographer or videographer who would like to host a workshop or donate a photoshoot?
- Are you a fashion or costume designer who would like to see your garments modelled by our dancers in a show or at a photoshoot?
- Do you write music? Would you like to donate a song to our Spotify playlist?
- Can you think of something else?!
Founded in 2012 by choreographer Briar Adams and dancers (including original company members Thomas McCann and Natasha Usmar) Hack Ballet strikes a balance between classical form, contemporary energy and emotional passion. The company operates as an artistic collective headed by Adams, and has grown in scope and influence in the London scene, attracting talented artistic collaborators and producers to expand our vision.
Our EdFringe 2018 production team includes co-producer Jim Croxford from @TheatreBench, filmmaker and arts philanthropist Thom Seaman from the Royal Opera House, with a cast of multi-talented dancers from around the world.
Adams, Hack Ballet and TheatreBench have secured two amazing venues at EdFringe to present our diverse programmes, giving us a great platform to showcase the range and skills of our team.
The, not one, but TWO shows we are bringing to EdFringe are:
August 3rd-11th & 13th-18th
A beautiful, intense and emotional contemporary ballet triple bill
August 14th – 19th
A riotously irreverent romp through ballet’s dirty laundry. Co-Produced by @TheatreBench
We strongly believe in embracing socially progressive values and fostering diversity and empowerment of the artists we work with. These two ballet influenced programmes demonstrate a broad spectrum of themes and issues, weaving lived experience of modern love, PTSD, and the controversial #metoo movement, with gorgeous dance movement, humour and thought provoking drama. Our work touches on deeply human experiences of love, loss, identity, and belonging.
Hack Ballet creates an expressive language to connect meaningfully with our audience’s deepest fears and desires. In doing so we attract a diverse audience, appealing to people who are moved to the core by the unique strength of contemporary ballet to connect with people, physically and emotionally.
Hack Ballet are on the move and we are planning some wonderfully creative dance experiences to bring to you over our 2018 – 19 season.
After our 21 dates in Edinburgh, we are planning:
- A possible appearance at Burning Seed, NSW, in September 2018
- Performances in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth in January 2019
- To expand our education programme, with regular classes and workshops for professional dancers, adult dancers and dance students, in the UK and Australia
- To expand our advocacy and community development programme around our core themes (#creativity, #metoo, #mentalhealth, #safedance), especially developing partnerships within the health and research sectors
- To start Research and Development for a new work
- To solidify relationships with our partners and improve our long term outlook as a company
Do you want to see Hack Ballet on tour to your city or venue? Let us – and them – know! Tweet, tag or email us and tell us where you want us to pop up next!
And last but not least…. THANKYOU!
We would like to say a huge thankyou to everyone who has been there for us since the beginning, for your support and appreciation.
If you’ve come this far, you definitely need to hit the Back This Project button and get involved! You might be thinking… I’m not sure… is this for me… I don’t know if I can do it! That’s completely normal and absolutely fine that you should feel that way… Everyone feels a little bit of stage fright just before going on to make their debut performance! If it wasn’t important, you wouldn’t care this much. So take a deep breath and hit the Back This Project Button now! You’ll feel so good once you do, and you’ll know you are about to take a step #IntoTheUnknown with us. It’s going to be great!
Every little helps… even if you can only help with the cost of a coffee, it’s really important for us to know that you care. Working with bigger organisations like the Arts Council requires that you, our community, show your support and interest in practical ways so we know that we are developing our work in a direction that you value.
Please contribute in whatever way you can. Come on this awesome journey with us… let’s see where it takes us!