Our Friday night contemporary ballet class focusses on the basic fundamentals of core contemporary ballet technique using anatomical and fitness principles to improve your strength, stamina, balance, flexibility, muscle tone and endurance. For adult beginners, returning dancers or professionals who need an intense, anatomically informed approach to fundamental ballet technique and dance fitness.
Fridays 6pm – 7.30pm
Drop in: £10
In the class you will work on:
– Hip mobility in parallel, 1st, and 5th positions
– Core strength and how to engage your abs and glutes for the ballet “lift*
– Posture in your spine and neck for confidence and a healthy back
– Correct anatomical terminology
– Exercises for balance, flow and flexibility
– Long muscle tone in the legs and feet for beautiful leg lines
Learn the basic positions and progression you need to develop confidence in ballet training, even if you are out of shape, have never studied ballet or haven’t trained consistently for a long time.
Bring: Towel; water bottle; comfortable fitted layers (leggings/gym shorts/leotards/tights) you can sweat and stretch in; flat ballet shoes (if available, or cotton socks if not)
If you have any pre-existing injuries, please inform the tutor before the start of class.
Where to go next….
Are you interested in creating and performing original choreography for film and live shows?